Friday, December 12, 2008

Last night Calvin completed his finials and our first thing to do in celebration was to get out the bows!


Calvin and his first kill.

Close up of his shot.

Jo with her kill.
Robert, Johanna, and Calvin right after letting their arrows fly.This is also one of Calvin's shots and it also shows were Robert did some damage.
(which I was not able to get pictures of)

In all Calvin hit two times and grassed once, Robert hit three times, Johanna hit once and I got very close but I am no longer able to hit that small of a target so I need to be getting out my bow more often because I used to be able to do that. :(

It was a lot of fun though and I hope we can do it again soon. :)

The Texan~

10 Remarks:

SavannahLynn said...

Don't feel bad Becca,The last time I shot a bow I was pitiful and that was a long time ago,I doubt I got any better over time:P
Savannah

Rebecca said...

Hey Savannah,
You know whenever you wont you can come down here and shoot my bow.
You would be more the welcome. :D

Maybe since Calvin is out of school for a bit we can find a way to make a trek up there again. :)

Your Sister,
Rebecca Marie

Eruaphadion said...

Bows............ *Droooool*

Rebecca said...

Aldarion I am beginning to worry that your sickness not only made you go off the wall but lose some of your memory I mean that is the same thing you said last time. :D jk ttyl.

R. Marie

Eruaphadion said...

I know, my reaction bows is still the same. :D

Eruaphadion said...

Reaction TO bows*

Rebecca said...

Well just don't get your bow string wet or it wont work to good. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Looks like y'all had a great time! I've been interested in archery for a while, but have never had the chance to try it out! Did y'all make your bows?

Lauren said...

It looks like you all had allot of fun Becca! Maybe the next time we come down we can do some archery together!
Lauren Ashley

John Calvin said...

For those of you who are wondering, two of the Bows are homemade, by myself, and one is homemade by someone who makes and sells bows for a living. The recurve bow is a product of Bear archery, and is more than 50 years old.

John Calvin.