Monday, August 11, 2008

Play ball!


Tonight Calvin, Robert, Johanna, and I went to the Hooks game with some people from church and we had a lot of fun. Although it would have been funner if we had won but it was a close call and our boys tried hard. The game started off with us trailing the Spring Field Cardinals by three points in the top of the second inning. In the bottom of the second however Wladinir Sutil singled to left scoring Billy Hart and Ole Sheldon. Then in the bottom of the third Drew Sutton hit a home run to put the game even at three and three! The pitchers on both sides kept it that way for a long time. In the top of the seventh Christopher Blazek stepped on the mound replacing our starter Polin Trinidad and Blazek was latter replaced by Christopher Salamida in the top of the ninth. The score was still three and three but not with out there being several threats on both sides of changing that. However the game came to a sad closer when in extra innings (top of the eleventh) Spring Field scored one point and we were not able to make a reply in the bottom of the inning. But we still had lots of fun and I as normal made sure I came home with a sore throat from cheering on my team.

The Texan~

4 Remarks:

Marks of Faith said...

Hey Becca,
Glad you and the gang had fun. Nice play by play recall...does the sports world have an opening for a teenage sports announcer? If so, I think you'd do great!!! Maybe they'd let you do it from home in between your homeschooling? : ) I'll put Cromwell in one of his many baseball outfits in honor of your post.
Love always...

Rebecca said...

Hey Jen,
Thanks for the comment! I bet buckaroo looks very cute dressed up as a baseball buddy! I hope y'all have a nice day.

Love your little S.I.S
Rebecca Marie

Hannah Leigh said...

Hey,
Visit my blog, the results for the Picture Taking Contest are out!!!

-Rose

SavannahLynn said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!We have gone to several games
recently,The TX Rangers vrs The NY Yanks and a minor team:)(don't worry I was rooting for TX:)I HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!!
Savannah