Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our trip to Dallas!

Well Friday morning before us kids could start out for Dallas there were a few things remaining on our to-do list. So at seven in the morning we headed down to Wall-Mart for several things.

1. Change oil in van
2. Buy cloths to take with us on the trip!

I know, that second thing on the list sounds like a odd one to leave on there till the day that you are leaving but there was a reason, this reason is that it just so happened to be that the day we were leaving was also the beginning of the Sales Tax Free holiday weekend which is of course the biggest weekend for our clothes shopping. So yes the day of our trip we were at the store getting the cloths we would be wearing while on the trip. :) After all of our shopping was done we went back home and packed the new shirts in the suitcases then said goodbye to our sister Jennifer who was at our house for the day and then boldly set out on our journey.

About 1 1/2 hours into our journey my oldest brother who was driving had the bright idea that maybe before we got off 624 where the gas is cheapest he should have looked to see if the car needed to be filled but as it was 624 was long behind us, so about thirty minuets later we stopped to fill up and since it was kinda close to lunch time and none of us had eaten much breakfast Jo and I started to make up the chicken salad sandwiches, when we found out that Johanna had packed every thing but then had reorganized a bit and forgot to put the spoon back in so we had no way of spreading the mayonnaise or putting the salad on the bread. After a bit of musing we decided to try to just use the heels of the bread loaf to scoop and spread and that did work although by the end of it Jo and I were covered in bread crumbs, mayonnaise, and chicken salad. After that the only thing that went wrong for a while was a few fights with the GPS to get it to take us the way we wanted and not through Austen. We got into a scrap again near Waco because of the GPS but pulled through after watching the time of arrival go up by 30 minuets and having a close encounter with aliens from some other planet! OK OK OK so it was only a weird looking guy in pajamas going out to his car but the other version sounds a little more interesting. Anyway we got through Waco after much grumbling at the Miss Garman. Latter once again we got into a tiff with Miss Garman (GPS) and this time she landed us in the middle of fields as far as the eye could see but once again we pulled through and we finely arrived at the East! YIPPY!!! There was a joyful reunion of friends and the real fun began.

When we got there they were unloading groceries so we helped out with that and then we split up into groups. The guys went straight to the X-Box and us girls started talking and enjoying the time we had together. It was soon time to help with dinner and the older girls put supper in the oven then latter Savannah and I went in to start the salad, by this time some of the cheese had bubbled over in the oven and was making a lot of smoke. Savannah and I after finding that nothing was very wrong and that the house was not going to burn down set to work and started guessing how long it would take the guys to notice that the room was full of smoke....well about twenty minuets latter we heard a call from the X-box asking if we had noticed that there was tons of smoke in the air? I think you can guess the effect this had on Savannah and I. :) The rest of the night was spent by us girls in laughing, giggling, sharing news, and talking about old times to the late night hours. I will not bother saying what the guys did because it is the same as earlier.

Saturday we went to a park which was a lot of fun.
You can see what us girls did by the pictures. :)

Jo and Lauren

















Caroline, Julia, Savannah and I

Savannah and I














After taking pictures by the pond we sat under the shade of a tree and laughed as we watched the guys play some sports....OK well we mostly laughed at what we were talking about but the guys did a few things every now and then that warranted some laughing. :)

Once we got home all of the girls started watching North and South since Jo and I had not yet seen it and we enjoyed it greatly.

Sunday after church was spent mostly in discussion and in the evening we had a devotions.

Monday morning was spent in all of us getting to gather and playing some games till about 10:30 when those of us who were going started to get ready for are outing to six flags!
Now I had never been on a roller coaster before so I was not so sure how well I was going to take to it but with my good friend by my side and encouraging me I stepped on the first roller coaster with confidence. That confidence was quickly shaken however at the first turn because the ride was inside and very dark so I could not see what was coming up and brace myself, but I did succeed in not screaming or yelling because I had to make sure that I could go a ride without doing so and I am glad I had success on that first one because it is funner when you let out a whoop and a holler or yell on those things so after that first one I did just that. :)
The next ride we went on was the Batman and I did not have as much confidence getting on this time as last time but like the time before that quickly changed only this time it was that I found that I loved it and was all gun ho for going on it again when it was suggested. After our second ride on the Batman we went over to Mr. Freeze and I enjoyed that one too but I wish it was a bit longer. :) The next ride we headed off to was the Titan which is the biggest one there and I think you will know my opinion of it when I say that we went on it three times and I would have been more then ready for a fourth! The last ride we went on was the Texas Giant and that one was a bit ruff but the rattling it gave us did not bother me much....(well not till the next day at least) by the time we were done with that ride we were all soaked from the rain and some of us were hurting so we went home after that. Once we had all gotten into dry clothes we got together and played mafia, catchphrase, and "I never" till dinner time, then after dinner us girls started talking while the guys went the their corner and played X-Box.

Tuesday was the day of our leaving and therefor a very sad day. However we did not have to leave till 2:00 PM so we had some time left together and spent it playing Catchphrase together but all to soon that dreaded hour came and it was time to say goodbye.




















We had tons of fun and I hope that we will see y'all again in November!
But till that time I will be missing y'all and remembering the great times we had together!



6 Remarks:

Lauren said...

Great post Rebecca! We did have allot of fun, and I cannot wait to get together again!

Lauren Ashley

SavannahLynn said...

I love the post Rebecca!!!I hope we can come down in November too!!
That was pretty funny,about the smoke and the X-BOX Geeks:)
Thanks for coming!!
Your friend
Savannah

Rebecca said...

Hey y'all,
It really was a lot of fun up there! Thanks for having us! I can't wait to see y'all in November if it works out. :)
Y'alls friend
Rebecca Marie

P.S yeah that was a lot of fun with the smoke :)

Marks of Faith said...

I like the idea of the East returning the favor and visiting sometime in November. If they don't hurry up Cromwell will be walking and talking and they will never know him as a baby!!!

Hope to see them soon...

Jennifer

P.S. Cromwell LOVES his quilt! It's wonderful

Rebecca said...

I agree Jen they need to come down soon. :)

Rebecca

Lauren said...

Hi Jennifer,

I agree that we should come down soon, especially to see Cromwell! We can't wait to meet him in person! I am so glad you liked the quilt....

Lauren Ashley