Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Courtesy post for Hannah Tucker

Please Pray for My Horse Red.....




Hello girls,
Sorry about not posting the winners from the Picture Taking Contest....we've been rather busy:
yesterday, my dad and I went up to the barn that we are building to work, well, my horse, Red, seemed fine, perfectly normal. My
dad and I had to go and get some gates to put up in the barn, so all in all, we were gone for about an hour and a half.
When we got back, I walked around the side of the barn to get something, and Red was standin
g there, so I went over to pet him.
I noticed that he was holding his front leg kind of funny, so I started to rub it and lift it; he didn't mind, but he didn't walk either.
So I got some grass and held it up to him. He was hungry, so he walked forward to ge
t it...not good.
He could hardly walk; he kept his right foreleg bent forward when he walked, wouldn't straighten it up. Sooooo, we called the Vet. The Vet came out and said that he had hurt his knee somehow (which was very swollen; and he had had Arthritis every since we got him, and every now and again it would bother him but not this bad!)
She thought that he might have stepped in a hole or tripped or something.
She gave him a shot to calm him down and kill some of the pain.
Red
isn't much better today: he lays down allot and makes this really weird sound that's kind of like snoring. He drinks allot of water though, which is good.
Also, my horse Silkie has eaten too much clover and is suffering from massive slobber attacks. She just stands around and drools.
So please pray for my horses Red and Silkie: if 26 year old Red doesn't get better, he'll have to be put down, and I don't think that I could handle that.

Thanks!
-Rose

P.S. Please copy and paste this post onto your blogs if you have one.

2 Remarks:

Hannah Leigh said...

Thanks Rebecca!!! <3

-Rose

Marks of Faith said...

Hey Hannah,
I'm praying for your horse too. I've been around horses for over 14 years now and have owned my first horse since I was 12 (and we have been together for 12 years now). It really hurts when they are suffering. It killed me when Star hung her leg in the fence. But, I cannot image how hard this must be fore you. Praying for you and Red. May God's perfect will be done... Remember He even sees the sparrow when she falls and He won't forget you or your horse.