Saturday, August 29, 2009

My latest doings.

Howdy Y'all,
It has come to my attention that I have neglected this blog for some time now so I am going to give you a update on what has been going on. I will start at August 14, the first part of this day was spent in rushing around the house packing and making pizza, the next six hours were then spent in the car eating the pizza, then we arrived in Arlington where we were staying with some of our dear friends for the next few days. It was a lot of fun, we talked, played games, danced, and simply enjoyed every moment we had together.


Lauren and Savannah while teaching me and Jo to play Hand and Foot
Julia helped Johannah out and yes Lauren and Jo needed every bit of that help. :)

Savannah happy during the half time brake in our game, so far she and I were winning.
(and we did win)

Lauren and Johanna

Savannah and I

The whole East Tribe, well all but Mr. East he was already at work.

All the girls


and all of us kids together

We had a wonderful time, thank y'all so much for having us.

~~~~~~~~~



We are now going to skip forward to last night.

Last night was a time of fun and sadness, fun because all our friends were over but sad because it was the going away party for our pastor who has been called to another work in Burlington N.C, which means that our mission work is being left without a pastor and might possibly be shut down and there is no other church that we could go to that is closer then two hours away. We are hoping that we will be able to set up a web connection between us and another church in our denomination so that we can have teaching and be able to stay together, please pray that this can be done, it will be very hard on us still but it is better then being cut off and left with no where to go, I don't know what my family and the other four families that go to our church will do if we lose our mission work. So please pray for our mission work, and our pastor as he and his family are moving, Pastor Otis has been down here four years and before that he had been coming down a few times each year since I was two years old, so we are very close to him which makes it even harder that we are losing him.

~~~~~~~

Then today when Calvin, Jo and I were going over to help the Otis' pack up and clean their house and the car started over heating so we pulled off in to gas station and filled the radiator with water, went to start the car but since Calvin had left the A/C running the battery was dead and we had to wait till someone came along to help us get it jump started. Not much fun, I am starting to not like gas stations, out of about the last 10 times I have been to a gas station 3 of those times was because something was wrong with the car.


~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I am going on to a brighter topic, it turns out that our friends dad has some work to do down here so he is coming down the week after next and here is the really great part he will be bringing Lauren, Jay, and Savannah with him! We are really looking forward to it, I have been making plans for things that we can do together and practicing my guitar so that Savannah and I can play together. :)

I shall now end this post with that last little bit of happy news.

The Texan~

6 Remarks:

Lauren said...

It was allot of fun having you all to visit us! And yes, you and Nan certainly whipped Jo and I at cards... Maybe we will need to have a rematch if we do get to come down.

I'm so sorry about Pastor Otis and his family needing to leave, I know how hard it is on you all. We will definitely be praying for you and the mission work during this difficult time!

Have you ever heard/sung the hymn "God Moves in a Mysterious Way" by William Cowper? He was a Scotch minister who lived in the the 1700dreds, I think you would really like some of his hymns. I'm going to paste the words to "God Moves..." below because they are so encouraging!

Love,
Lauren Ashley

"God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.

Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never failing skill
He treasures up His bright designs
And works His sovereign will.

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain."

Rebecca said...

Hey Lauren,
That is a really good hymn thank you for sharing it with me.

Yes, we shall have to do a rematch if y'all make it down, it is such a fun game. :)

Love you,
Rebecca Marie

SavannahLynn said...

cant wait!!!

Rebecca said...

SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Marks of Faith said...

Nice pices!

Yes, we will miss Pastor Otis, but God will see us through.

Looking forward to the East' coming down.

Love you!

Argentia Krystofel said...

I'm sorry that your pastor is leaving. It's confusing how ya'll need him, and the people in Burlington need a pastor. It's definitly something to pray about.
I'm glad you will get to see your friends again! Maybe they can help to chear you up just a bit.
Sorry I have not emailed you lately. We've been busy with school.