Monday, April 27, 2009

My Hospital Trip

These are a few pictures from my hospital stay last weekend.

Grandpa and Grandma with me after the surgery.

The next day after the bandage was taken off.

My faithful friends Buster and Mittens. :)

Waiting to be sent home with all the many blessings to
brighten my room given me by friends and family.

Saying goodbye to one of my wonderful nurses before going home.

Over all the surgery went very well and I have not had too much pain, although there are a few times that it is pretty hard. I got the stint out of my neck today (the tube that was in my neck) and the stitches too. So I am already a good bit down the road of recovery, although there are a lot more doctor trips for me before the end of that road. :(
I'd like to thank everyone who came to see me in the hospital it really made it a lot easier and happier, I'd also like to thank everyone who prayed for me it really means a lot.

The Recovering Texan~

15 Remarks:

Kenneth Hunter Burk said...

Well I'm glad your recovery went well!!! I guess your well enough to blog...... I am certainly glad your feeling better!!!

jill said...

Glad you're feeling a bit, Rebecca! You're so brave to go through that surgery...I'm not sure I would have been half so much. And you still have a smile on your face! We're still praying for you as you continue to recover. :) Jill & family

P.s. I really like your parrot balloon...I have never one like it before!

Marks of Faith said...

Hey baby girl,
Glad things are going better for you now. I had fun visiting you in the hospital...you are much braver then I. I love you and hope to see you soon.

Prayers and love,
Jennifer

Rebecca said...

Thanks Y'all! It was a bit rough tonight, my stitches wanted me to put my neck one way and the mussels wanted me to put it the other, but mom kindly worked out all the kinks and I am once more almost pain free. :D

Yeah the Parrot balloon really is cool, and the one your dad brought me has so much personalty, then with the ones Jo gave me I had a very bright and cheerful room. :)

See you tomorrow Jen!

Rebecca Marie

Sarah said...

I am g;ad that you are feeling better! What was wrong with you?



Sarah

Chap in the fedora said...

Hey Texan,:)
I am glad that you are feeling better:D Take care!

God be with you.
Nathaniel Wallis PFC

Rebecca said...

Sarah, I had a nodule on my thyroid that the doctors were afraid might have cancer which it did end up having the beginnings of.

Nate, Thank you! :)

Hope y'all both have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Marie

SavannahLynn said...

Great to here your doing better!!!Sorry I haven't called in such a long time!btw, you can be looking for a package in the mail I will be sending it off tomorrow:P
love ya girl!!!
Savannah

do you have any eating regulations?

Lauren said...

Hi Becca!
Its soo good to hear you are out of the hospital and feeling better! Thank the Lord for answering our prayers.

I've been working on a surprise to help you pass the time while you are recovering, it should arrive in the next couple of days - so be on the lookout! Its something you read :)

Love and Blessings!
Lauren Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca!

I'm glad the surgery is over and I hope all you future doctor appointments will go well!

We'll be praying for you. =)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear all went well. I just recently discovered that you were even having surgery! Hope recovery and what not all goes well. God bless!

Rebecca said...

Howdy y'all, thank you so much, I am glad to say that right now I think I am doing the best yet! :)

Savannah and Lauren,
I will be sure to be watching! :)

Rebecca Marie

Sarah said...

Oh, I am glad that you are doing better! I hope your future doctor visits will all be fine!

Cricket said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Rebecca!

We'll be praying for your recovery.

What a sweet smile despite all the difficulties!

Sierra said...

Hey Becs! I've been praying for you, and am SOO glad that your doing better! I love the second to last picture, with all that stuff, you know you are loved! :) If I lived in TX, I would have bought you BUNCHES of balloons, and LOTS of flowers! :D

Wish I was there...

Love and Prayers!! <3