Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Doctor report.

This week I was sent in to the doctor again to have a thyroid scan. The point of this scan was to find out what kind of nodule I have, cold or active. Cold means that it is just there but not doing anything, and active means that it has turned itself into a second thyroid and can create more than a few problems. So Monday morning after going through all the usual questions doctors always ask (is there history of cancer in the family, history of thyroid problems etc. etc.) they gave me a pill of radioactive iodine and then told me to come back at 2:00 for them to measure how much of the radiation my thyroid had absorbed then to scan it and do the photos of it, I was then sent home again and told to come back at 10:00 the next morning for them to check the levels again. Last night we got the results which are that the nodule is cold and that my two choices are to have them observe it, which means regular doctor appointments, or to have it surgically removed and not have to do anything else for it for the rest of my life, I am rooting for the surgery and mom and dad pretty much think that would be the best way to go too. So that is where it all stands right now.

 Thanks again for all y'alls prayer.

The Texan~

9 Remarks:

Kenneth Hunter Burk said...

Thanks for the update Becca, I will praying that if you have the surgery it will go well.

Rebecca said...

I just found out that the surgery will be on April 23, Thanks for the prayers.

Rebecca Marie

Lauren said...

We will be praying for you Rebecca!

SavannahLynn said...

Thanks for the update!!I will keep you in my prayers!!Love ya!!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks y'all! I hope we can see y'all again soon, love and miss you both.

Rebecca Marie

Marks of Faith said...

Hey Baby Girl,
Good talking to you the other day. Cromwell and I had fun playing with you in between Doctor visits. Hopefully we shall get to see you on Saturday. : )
Glad Mom and Dad agreed to the surgery b/c I know it is what you really wanted. Lord willing all shall go well. (However, you are in a bit of trouble for not calling me to let me know when your surgery was scheduled...-Humph!)
Lots of love and you are in our prayers!

Jennifer and family

Rebecca said...

I am sorry that I did not call and tell you when the surgery was, no one ever told me either I just heard dad tell it to the dentist.
BTW what is on Saturday?

Love you,
Rebecca Marie

jill said...

Praying for you too!

Mia said...

Dear Rebecca,

I'm so glad!!! We've been praying for you.