Thursday, September 4, 2008

Attack of the Giant Butterfly

Well in the post below I said that I had not posted in a long time because I was waiting for something interesting well I have now found out that all I had to do was wait one more hour and I would have gotten it!

After writing the below post I went to the living room and started crocheting. well after a while I saw through the blinds that there was a huge butterfly flattering on the big windows in that room. Well wanting to see the Goliath a bit better I decided that I would go outside and since the chimney separates were the door is and where the butterfly was I had no fear of scaring it off and what happened never crossed my mind.......I opened the door and as so as I did the afor said butterfly flew over my head and into the living room.





Now I had no idea how I was going to get this monster out of the house by myself since no one was home other then me.













After a while I tried to get him to fly to see if I could shew him out the door. The end result being......








.....that the twerp of a butterfly flew to the entertainment center. As far as you can get from the door while still in the living room.




I then tried to catch it in a bowl. Next stop for the smart alack butterfly.....






Well as I am sure you can guess I did not catch the thing. Instead it flew out of the living room down the hall into the entryway into the music room and perched under the piano.





After that I tried to get him out of the front door after a few minutes of trying he went into the dinning room and perched under the dinning room table.


This was close to the end for the butterfly's fun! He next flew into the dinning room window and beat his head there for a long time. I would have opened it and let him out only the dinning room windows are two of the only ones in our house that do not open. So I went back to plan B which was to catch it with a bowl this in the end was a success and I then took the twerpy pest of a smart alack butterfly outside and sent him on his way.

5 Remarks:

SavannahLynn said...

Hi Rebecca,
WOW!!He is huge!!He looks almost like a moth???
So what was the "Evil Cat"(MacGyver)
doing while all this was going on??
I know if my cat had been there he would have been pretty attentive:)
Thanks for sharing!!
Savannah
PS.We are all really looking forward to November!!My Dad even put it on his planning calender!!!

Hannah Leigh said...

Hmmm, I think that my cat Jinx would have gone crazy over something like that!
(She loves chasing butterflies!)

Thanks!
-Rose

Rebecca said...

Hay Y'all,
Thanks for the comments!
To answer the question about Mac he was outside sleeping under a bush but if had not I am sure the butterfly would have come to a sad end because though he is a cowered he loves chasing butterflys.
Take Care!

Love
The Texan

P.S Savannah I am really looking forward to November also!!!!

Marks of Faith said...

Loved the pics. I wonder why we only ever see single large butterflies like that and never more then one? You really should send the pics to Pastor Otis...he'd like to see them! : )

jill said...

That butterfly looks HUGE...especially in the picture where it's right next to the light on the ceiling.